Exactly what is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that can lessen the surface area stress of liquid and generate a considerable amount of uniform and secure foam, which is utilized to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is a substance that can make its aqueous solution develop a massive level of foam when mechanical force is introduced straight into the air. This type of material is a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of the Concrete additive is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, and it also cannot become a foaming agent. Surface activity is definitely the core of foaming.
The purpose of cement foaming agent
The key purpose of a cement foaming agent is always to promote the foaming of cement paste to make lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, resulting in the cement slurry to have a huge number of pores through the construction process, thereby lowering the density of concrete and making it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, as well as other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents can also increase the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. Additionally, cement foaming agents can also increase the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it easier to construct and shape.
12 features and benefits of foaming agent
- It provides compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been capable of meeting the wants. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this issue. , a alternative to traditional insulation materials
- It is actually lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively reduces the load of the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, whilst the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Improve the stability and life of the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer features a high degree of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively making sure the indoor floor is flat and not cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times those of the benzene board. It consists of perlite particles. Greater than five times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, which is 20-30 times those of ordinary cement.
- It provides good compressive strength: if the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: There will be no condensation across the warm water pipes during heating, and you will see no splitting involving the layers.
- Good bonding: The material utilized in foamed cement is cement, which includes an outstanding bond using the upper and lower layers and will not cause hollowing or collapse of the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and may be combined entirely using the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to create a whole.
- It provides an anti-permeability effect: As a result of porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is more than six times stronger than that of ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is definitely an inorganic material (cement) that fails to burn and therefore has good fire resistance. When utilized on buildings, it could increase the fireproof performance of the building.
Do you know the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and it is generated via a selection of complicated chain reactions. The product is a pure and clear oily liquid having a light yellow color. It is really not sensitive to difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is near to neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and fails to contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, difficult to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to create foamed cement has got the highlights of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, so it is commonly employed in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices can be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin since the primary raw material and it is made through several hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It is actually produced using imported advanced equipment and the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented through the production process. The product is a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, quality of sound consistency, outstanding foaming, and excellent foam stability; it really is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. As a result of high surface strength of the foam made by this foaming agent, the foam is extremely stable. The bubbles of the foamed cement made with it will be in a closed state independent of each other, and there is absolutely no link between the bubbles. The permeability resistance of the foamed cement products is very high. On the same density, compared with foamed cement made with plant-based foaming agents, it has better sealing and also heat preservation properties and better strength.
The applications of cement foaming agent
- Construction area
Cement foaming agents are popular within the construction area and they are mainly utilized to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the advantages of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. They may be popular in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, as well as other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used as building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used as building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road area
Cement foaming agents are also utilized in the broad area and they are mainly utilized to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the advantages of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and may reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used as road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used as road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge area
Cement foaming agents are also utilized in the bridge area, mainly utilized to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the advantages of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which may detect the weight of the bridge and extend the service life of the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used as bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
Good Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is a supplier of concrete additives, which can be concrete foaming agent and relative products with more than 12 years expertise in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Bank Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. Should you be looking for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])